Reflection

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go; Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same...Flavia Weedn"


Friday, September 17, 2010

GRANDMA

This is my miracle story. Last year my grandmother who took care of me my whole life became really ill. I was called by my sister who asked me to ride with her to see our grandmother and say good-bye. When arriving at the hospital we were greeted by our whole family. Everyone sobbing saying this was it grandma was leaving us. My grandmother is 86 years old so it wasn't a huge shock to my husband that she would be ready to die. I did not feel like she nor I were ready. I went in to see her and I sobbed. She grabbed my hand and said she loved me and that she would be fine. She was put on a breathing machine that night and signed off support two days later. She got better and did not die like everyone thought. I knew she was going to be fine. I was the only one who knew. We had a 4th of July party this weekend and she was there to eat and laugh with us. My grandmother and I have a wonderful bond along with my sister. I will know when she is ready to go I know she will make sure I am ready. That is my miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment